thomasfoerster;475774 Wrote:
> @adyula:
> Why do you think you need NTFS?
> The only restriction of fat32 is that no single file may be larger than
> 2GB.
> But hey, do you really have seen an audio file larger than 2GB?
>
> I am using USB drives with 500GB and 1TB with fat32 and can see no
> disadvantage at all.
>
> Why anyone could insist he needs other file systems than fat32, I don't
> understand.
>
> Thomas

I think NTFS was the first MS filesystem to support journaling.    I
have vague recollections of chkdsks lasting hours in the age of
non-journaling disks with corruption.   Todays huge disks could be
torturous in this regard.

--
jt25741

SB3->AR Masters Coax -> PS Audio DLIII (Cullen L3) -> Cardas Golden
Reference XLR -> Sim Audio P-5 -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR -> Sim
Audio W-5 -> Cardas Golden Reference Hi-Mid,PS Audio Xstream Plus Low->
Magnepan 3.6R