thomsens;492400 Wrote:
> Do you believe they will make December based on what you have gathered?
I tend to agree with Pat's opinion that there isn't much point in
speculating about when software will be completed. It's even more
dubious when the technical issues are only one of many considerations.
End-Q3 was apparently a hard deadline for the SB Radio, and as a result
the software was missing some of the features that had been planned. I
don't know if end-2009 is a similarly hard deadline for the SBT, or how
the execs who try to choose between missing deadlines versus pissing off
customers with a product still rough around the edges will decide. Those
are huge factors.

But I'll play along. I look at these things probabilistically. I
personally think (no insider knowledge, etc.) that there's still a
significant probability that it will be released in December, but that
January is more likely. If I had to put numbers on it, I'd guess 25%
Dec, 50% Jan, and 25% Feb. How's that for covering my *ss?

--
aubuti