trouty00;495868 Wrote:
> Firstly let me state I'm not trying to cause trouble, I am simply trying
> to understand the capability's and pro's of cons of configuring the
> touch in a certain way which I understand is not how its necessarily
> designed to be used.
>
> From what I have read the usb drive you attach you the touch will be
> available as a samba share so essentially a network file server (IE.
> NAS)
>
> I don't need to use a USB HUB if I took up a 1/2Tb drive to it. I only
> have about 30Gb of music which I will be using and I would like to use
> the touch as a one for all device, I dont want to waste money on a
> vortex box or a NAS if i don't need too and in all honesty i wouldn't
> use the samba share extensively, just for scheduled backups etc at a
> time where i wouldn't be using it as a music server.
>
> In terms of the remark you make about 2GB's of files, what is the
> relevance of this figure? again I'm not questioning you or picking
> holes? I'm purely trying to understand.
>
> Cheers
> Stu

Sorry Stu, That was a typo, I meant 2TB worth of files as in the
current big USB drives that are not to outrageously prices. I am using a
Toshiba 500GB USB powered drive for Touch portable use as in between
vehicles and a 1.5TB WD MyBook at home on my office desk.

To Garym: I don't know of a file limit that has been reached. One
probably exists, but I am using a 1.5TB WD MyBook without issue and I am
sure that a 2TB would have no trouble just take a bit longer to scan.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom