So, I presume then that the mp3tunes locker is simply an App. Quite
important to be sure as it is a core part of my usage of our existing
two Squeezeboxes and if I buy the Touch, I will need this to continue.

I probably won't need mp3Tunes if Slim Server (and TinySBS) in the
future offers multiple librarys. The main reason now is so we don't need
the PC constantly on. But if the Touch operates as the server, that's
fine, but we have got so used to having two library's. One with only our
favourite bands, and the other with everything (my wife hates to have to
scroll through so many artists, especially when a great deal only has
one song ;O)

--
Justme