So much tech talk my head is spinning !
So some questions in plain English . . .
Assuming a I have a Touch with an attached USB HDD;

1) I can manage (add, delete, organise, tag) files on the Touch HDD
through my PC or Apple via the home wireless network.
2) The Touch will be able to play the content of the attached HDD with
no PC needing to be on elsewhere.
3) Plugins, like Alien BBC, wouldn't be available (but they would be if
one went down the conventional NAS / Squeezecentre route)
4) The Touch could feed other Squeezeboxes across a wireless network
(e.g. the SB3 I have in my kitchen could play the files on the HDD
attached to the Touch - would the Touch need to be switched on in this
case and where would player settings need to be managed from).
5) Is bandwidth a problem ? Especially with high res 24/96 files which,
in FLAC, are likley to consume, say, 2000kbs plus ?

Ta

--
liffy99