baardbaard;515904 Wrote:
> Oh boy - here we go again.

Post #5 - what do you mean "again"?

If you've come here for validation then you are in for a bunch of
disappointment.

Look let's put the cards on the table. You bought the over-priced
Welborne supply. Good for you. It will provide an improvement to the
stock supply in terms of RFI/EMI picked up by nearby equipment. You
could have achieved the same "improvement" with a mass-market PSU for
about $20 - or a used medical grade PSU for about $40-$45 - which would
be WAY better in every parameter you care to throw at it than the
Welborne. If your nearby equipment is of good quality (which I assume it
is) then it should be immune to RFI/EMI anyway.

Yes you can use it on the Touch. It will work fine. As does the stock
supply.

... or are you one of those folks who believes that there is no such
thing in audio terms as an SMPS that works fine?

I have a Touch. I've measured its audio performance against an SB3 with
all manner of supplies (as have others on here).

I have learnt not to trust my "golden ears", especially when I have an
investment to protect/justify.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio