eq72521;524879 Wrote:
> Which Yamaha?  I don't personally need this feature (yet), but in my
> reading I found that a number of recent Yamaha models lack the ability
> to rearrange which audio/video inputs work together, which I think is
> what you need.  However, apparently many have recent firmware updates
> that remedies this.  I specifically have the V565 and read about this,
> and I imagine it applies to some other models as well.

This is an HTR-6260 replacing a V363. When I add an Oppo Blu-Ray to the
main system in the living room, I'll need more HDMI inputs there too and
I'll probably replace the V663 out there with a V665 or HTR 6260.

I don't have this issue to deal with because the Duet receiver is
running through a tube DAC into a tube amp to the front speakers. I can
have whatever I need on the screen out there in this configuration
because the audio is coming from a different amp.

Even if I'd known I'd need a composite cable to accomplish what I want
with the 6250 in the bedroom, it wouldn't have been a deal-breaker. I
have the cable and it's not a big deal.

If there's a way to do select separate audio and video inputs for the
same scene with the 6250, I'd be pleased and go that route.

--
jstraw