jstraw;524874 Wrote:
> Did just that with my old Yamaha. Bought the new Yamaha because I needed
> more HDMI inputs. I can't make this one do that. I currently have that
> Controller/player connected to Audio 1 and when I select that, the
> monitor goes blank, hence the need for another connection between the
> DVR and the AVR. If I could get Audio 1 and HDMI2 working at the same
> time, I could save that as one of the AVR's four "scenes." I might be
> missing something but I've scoured the manual.

Wow, that sucks.  Why would they not have such a basic feature as
this?
I can only guess they want such features included on their higher
priced models.  :(

I don't think the Input Assignments are the solution in this matter
(unless you want to go into the AVR's GUI menu's and change it every
time).
Also your Sat box may limit it's outputs (may not have *active* outputs
where all audio & video are always available on all outputs, dunno).

Another option is to use the AVR's Audio Select option.  Place both Sat
box HDMI and your SB digital coax all onto the same AV1 input.
Now you simply use the AVR's Audio Select to quickly scroll through the
four selections:  Auto, HDMI, Digital coax/optical, Analog
If you go this route I'd suggest you leave it on Auto so you would only
need to actually select your audio input in the cases where you want
both audio & video from different sources simultaneously.
IOW:  If you just want either Sat box or SB player, no additional audio
selection is needed.

The draw back to this simpler setup (thanks to the genius Yamaha
engineers who left off the basic feature of allowing different audio &
video sources simultaneously) is that you now have lost any additional
Zone playback with your SB player if the Sat service is in use in your
Main Zone.   :(
Assuming you even use Zones.

--
toby10