mortslim;532596 Wrote:
> Actually, this seems to suggest that rather than the analog output of
> the transport, the digital output is being used (which per the specs of
> the transport is 16bits / 44.1kHz)
>

> Am I missing something here?

Apparently yes. Both Bruce and HDTracks have categorically denied your
claims/interpretation. And said there is material in the tracks, above
22k (i.e., proof of source).

In an earlier response to me, HDTracks said they do not upsample, and
claimed they will remove from their site hi-res tracks they find to be
upsampled.

We now have an example where this seems to be true - they deleted
suspicious files from their catalogue, pending review.

To my way of thinking, any more back and forth about HDTracks is rather
pointless, unless someone comes up with proof (not interpretation) that
they are selling tracks as 24/88 or 24/96 that are upsampled. And if
you do, you should alert them, as they've shown they are willing to do
the right thing.

--
firedog

Tranquil PC fanless WHS server running SqueezeServer; SB Duet through
Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF X-150 amp, MF V DAC3, Devore Gibbon Super
8 Speakers; Mirage MS-12 sub; Dual 506 + Ortofon 20 (occasional use);
sometimes use PC with M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom in second
room. Arcam CD82 which I don't use anymore, even though it's a very
good player.