mortslim;532566 Wrote:

> So which machine does the conversion?
> How is the conversion done?
> What is the workflow?
> Is there upsampling or not?
>
> Bruce has acknowledged on other forums that he does upsampling.

No machine does the conversion... Weiss SARACON does the DSD conversion
to 88.2

The first few months we were doing the transfers, we were using a
modified (by Andreas Koch) EMM Labs ADC8 IV to do the digital
conversion to 88.2
Yes it does 88.2 using the 2fs switch.
We have never upsampled any transfers, period.
Now we take a direct DSD data stream from a Playback Designs MPS-5 into
either a Sonoma workstation or a Pyramix workstation. Then we SRC using
SARACON. End of story.

I don't know why we have to defend ourselves from these idiots!

Regards,
Puget Sound Studios
Seattle, WA

--