erland;533356 Wrote:
> I've only tried the analogue outputs, as I've understood there might be
> a bigger difference on the digital outputs as long as you feed them
> into a good DAC. I don't have an external DAC and the built-in one in
> my Sherwood RVD-9090 receiver isn't good enough to justify using the
> Touch with digital outputs.
>
> I've not done a A/B blind test with the analogue outputs, I've just
> compared the SB3 and Touch by switching the receiver inputs myself.

I've used a SB3 with a Lavry DA10 DAC for the past couple of years as
my primary music source.

The Touch arrived Friday and I spent quite a bit of time the past
couple of days listening to the Touch. I level-matched the SB3/Lavry
output with the Touch and synced the two players. I was then able to
switch between the two inputs for back-to-back comparison.

The difference between the SB3 analog out and though the Lavry is quite
noticeable to me (though I don't consider the SB3 analog "bad" - just
rather pedestrian.)

In comparing the Touch analog out to the SB3/Lavry, the difference is
extremely subtle in my book. I have to strain to hear the difference. I
am very impressed and will probably end up selling my Lavry. In
audiophile-land, the Touch has no right to sound as good as it does for
the price. ;-)

However, I'm sure others will disagree with that thinking, but that's
fine by me. When I have to strain to hear the difference between two
pieces of equipment, that's a sign for me to let go of the issue and
just enjoy the music.

--
mlsstl