erland;533241 Wrote:
> 1.
> Audio quality is comparable or even slightly better on the Touch
> depending on what amplifier/speaker/DAC you connect it to.

SLIGHTLY better?

Im using my (well, I WAS..) SB3 connected to a Beresford Caiman Dac and
sounded sublime to me.
The touch screen and the new interface etc wasnt a feature for me as I
used IPENG on my Ipod to control my music.

A few of the Beta testers over on the Audiophile forum reported that
the digital output on the Touch was SIGNIFICANTLY better than the
SB3...to the extent that if you were using a DAC and were choosing
between the Trasporter and the Touch......

..get the Touch.
if its to be used purely as a digital transport into a good Dac.

Did you compare the SB3 and the Touch via digital outs into a Dac
or...?

Just curious...the improved sound quality through the digital out was
my only reason for selling my SB3..gonna miss the big VU meters!

--
Gazjam