toby10;536133 Wrote:
> My guess is very few have standalone DAC's so this really wouldn't
> affect that many, realistically.
> I'm one of the majority without such a DAC, but you got my vote anyway.
> ;)

You have to include some home theater recievers with digital inputs
too.

And HT Processors, it's not only dac's that uses spdif .

In fact nowdays very few ht-recievers have an analog passtru so digital
it is.

As I described before some older HT recievers just have one digital
input even if there is a toslink and a coax, they go to the same
place.

My digital preamp/HT processor don't need this I don't have a problem
with it, but it is a part of how any spdif source should work, so I
voted.

and also as it is slated as "the SB Classic replacement" it ought to
have the functions that SB3 had.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J and assorted amps SiriuS,
Classe'Primare and Dynadio speakers (including a pair of Contour 4 )
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this