Hello,

I would like to open this thread to collect experiences of scaning
times of your music from an external USB HD using the internal
squeezebox server of the Touch (Touch as a stand alone player using an
external USB HD).
I've already posted my experiences in another thread, but I would like
to open this one, so we can get an overview of how the touch behaves
depending of the mount of data to be scaned or the type of USB HD (2,5
or 3,5 external HD's).
Maybe we can get something usefull from this for the developers of the
server software...

USB-HD: Toshiba 2,5", 500 GB, AC powered
Files: ~50000
Scan time: ~9-12 hours
Scan results: sucessfull, but when trying to play something, the server
stops, restarts and begings to scan the USB for new files
Scan for new files time: ~9 hours

If you have any solution to reduce the scan times, we will be very glad
to hear about it! (please don't write "to have less files")

You can use this template for your results:

USB-HD:
Files:
Scan time:
Scan results:
Scan for new files time:

Thanks and regards!

Nacho

PS: To the moderators, if you think this is a bad idea, just ignore
this thread, but if you think this can be usefull, please create a
"Sticky", to have it always on the first page.

--
perro6969