Gazjam;538820 Wrote:

> I noticed it particularly with SS 7.5...the MYSQL was running 92% CPU
> on XP, which caused slowdown.

As already mentioned, something has to be wrong if it's continuously
using 92% CPU. If it's only now and then it could be normal, especially
if you are measuring while browsing your library or doing something that
execute queries towards the database.

I've almost only used Linux of course but I can't imagine that it's
normal that it uses 92% continuously on Windows.

If you are using my plugins note that:

- TrackStat runs import, export and restore operations in the
background, so if you have started one of these it might be running and
cause high CPU. Restore and import can be pretty slow if you have a lot
of renamed/moved files in the files your are restoring from backup. You
will get a message in the server.log when it's finished. Import/Export
operation is visible in the Custom Scan settings page.

- Custom Scan plugin runs import, scanning and export operations in the
background, you can see in the Custom Scan page if something is running
or not.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))