slate;539706 Wrote:

> Have we seen any feedback from some of the heavy users? 200-300.000
> tunes using Erlands plugins?

I suspect that large libraries might be unusable with some menus
provided through Custom Scan/Custom Browse, at least with MySQL. I also
know Custom Scan can get really slow in large libraries if you use the
"Mixed Tag" scanning module.

Generally speaking, Custom Scan/Custom Browse is normally a bit slower
than the standard browse menus because their queries is a bit more
complex. I suspect this is also going to be the case with SQLite.

If anyone uses 7.6 and Custom Browse and have tried using both MySQL
and SQLite, I'd be happy to know how it performs with SQLite vs MySQL.
I'd also like to know if you have some problem with SQLite and my
plugins.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))