Dave (Northumberland);539382 Wrote:
> My Touch seems to be behaving differently each time I use it. I updated
> the firmware initially but am now using it 'offline' just plugging a
> external HDD into it and playing FLACs direct from there with no
> Ethernet or wifi.
>
> 1# It won't turn off! It won't power down at all no matter what I do. I
> turn the HDD off when I am finished using it and then have to pull the
> power cable out the back of the Touch, there is no other way. I have
> found the small power button above the power socket on the back which
> turns it off but it just powers itself up again after 4 seconds (even
> when the HDD isn't plugged in) and it wont even go onto standby, has
> anyone else encountered this issue?

That's not a power switch, it's a reset button.

To turn it off, at the top left corner of the main menu screen there is
a power icon (a circle with a stick in it... I dunno why this is the
"universal" power icon...).

Note that it won't ever (unless you unplug it) actually turn OFF.  This
is normal on SB products: if it was really off, alarms wouldn't work,
nor would you be able to use the remote to turn it back on, and you
couldn't control it from the WebUI....)  The only exception is the
radio which has a hold-to-really-power-off button.

Why do you need to keep powering it off?  "Standby" (which is what that
power button the main menu does) uses hardly any electricity at all.

Do you unplug your tv, cable box, microwave, etc?

--
snarlydwarf