snarlydwarf;539389 Wrote:
> That's not a power switch, it's a reset button.
>
> To turn it off, at the top left corner of the main menu screen there is
> a power icon (a circle with a stick in it... I dunno why this is the
> "universal" power icon...).
>
> Note that it won't ever (unless you unplug it) actually turn OFF.  This
> is normal on SB products: if it was really off, alarms wouldn't work,
> nor would you be able to use the remote to turn it back on, and you
> couldn't control it from the WebUI....)  The only exception is the
> radio which has a hold-to-really-power-off button.
>
> Why do you need to keep powering it off?  "Standby" (which is what that
> power button the main menu does) uses hardly any electricity at all.
>
> Do you unplug your tv, cable box, microwave, etc?

When I said off I meant standby, it wont go onto standby even! I have
no home network to speak of and I really dont need or want one. It does
go into stanby when I plug my single Ethernet cable (from modem) into
the back of it but this needs to be plugged into my PC. I have no need
or want to use the Touch on a network, I just want to use it as a stand
alone player with a HDD.

--
Dave (Northumberland)