Without the factory reset, there is no way of modifying information at
all, a simple reset will just immediatly jump to the connection screen
for mysqeezebox.com without anything in between. Only the factory reset
(with the long press of that tiny button) will allow to change settings
- during those 6 hours last night, I attempted at least 10 to 15
factory resets just to change various settings. And after some hours of
sleep its still doing its 'Happy circle' routine without actually
connecting to mysqueezebox.com or giving me the opportunity to skip
that.

I am now downloading VMWare Player to install a Virtual Machine and
will install Squeezebox Server for Windows, then try to use the
Diagnosis functionality. Will my NAS with my 'real' Squeezebox Server
installation and the configuration of the Duet be in danger from that,
because then there will be two servers in my subnet?

Kind regards,
Frank

--
Hickup