I have no idea how suddenly the update was offered on the Touch. I put
it on USB memory stick and on SD card and tried a couple of
combinations, probably it was downloaded from Squeezebox Server - I
cannot say.

But after the update installed, it was not *quite* the usual routine.
It still tried to connect to mysqueezebox.com, but after some time,
there was a timeout and I received a screen where I could change the
server... and my own was offered as well! I selected it, it is now
nicely connected to it and displays current time and date on its
display.

After 18 hours of fiddling around with it I feel kind of relieved. But
before I have another problem I will not leave it and enjoy the
sunshine outside. I will give another message tomorrow on how this ends
(hopefully), just if someone else has the same problems.

Kind regards,
Frank

--
Hickup