Thanks for your input. FYI: yes, I have made numerous efforts to
troubleshoot the problems I've been having, with several different
members of Logitech's technical support team, both via phone and via
email. I have read at great length the numerous posts on this forum
about other users' experiences with the SBT, and the solutions
offered.

I am not a techie newbie or someone who is afraid to go the extra mile
to sort out a technical problem, but on the other hand, I do not expect
to have to invest many hours of my own time trying to rectify problems
that should have been sorted out at the development stage.

--
SomersetGuy