dasmueller;547733 Wrote:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Touch_-_USB_Compatibility
>
> Here is a link to the wiki that lists compatible USB drives. That tells
> me testing has been done to some extent.

That list can be helpful, but what it is based on could be misleading.
It is a list that was started when Beta Testers first received their
Touch. We were asked to plug ANY USB device we had into the Touch and
post the results to the list. So its not exactly a list of 'this
drive/device works great with Touch'. It is more of a list of 'I
plugged this device into the Touch and noticed this'. Logitech was
asking for feedback from Beta Testers.

Maybe its time to update the list or have a second 'Known Good' only
list of USB drives (one column needs to be USB powered or external
powered IMO). I have seen what I would call a common thread when it
comes to USB Drives and Touch issues. It seems it comes back to using a
Hub when one really doesn't need to or a drive that wants to be super
energy efficient and go to sleep all the time.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom