The FLAC files are 24/96. I purchased them from HD Tracks and I'm not
sure what compression setting they used. Some of my ALAC files were
FLAC files before I transcoded them on moving to the Mac world. I don't
remember what compression setting I used for the original FLACs. It was
the default on dBPoweramp, whatever that was. However, a bunch of my
ALAC files were ripped using iTunes and they have problems too.

The Toshiba hard drive is only about a quarter full, so I don't think
that's the problem. I watched the scanning process and didn't play
anything until it was done.

--
MadCityGeoff