SQez;549013 Wrote:
> I have a large library on an USB drive attached to my Touch (in
> standalone mode, no network, using this at work). I have many files
> that ended up consuming all RAM on my Touch to the effect that I can't
> play back anything anymore after the scan did its thing.
>
> Now, here's the deal: I don't need the library at all!!!
> I am fine navigating by folder - Artist - Album: done!
>
> Logitech: if you are listening, it would be perfect (!) if I could just
> disable the scan. All my issues with the Touch would go away.
> Please?
> This is really the difference between an un-usable device and one that
> meets all of my needs.
> Just be able to turn the library off.
>
> Thanks!!!!

All the pre-release gubbins about the Touch made a big deal about the
USB playback, and its the worst part of the Touch. The really annoying
thing is there is still nothing else out at any price range that comes
any closer to the functions I want than the Touch, I just hope they
manage to sort it out. Maybe Linn will make something better next year.

--
Dave (Northumberland)