JohnSwenson;549094 Wrote:

> So how to change the server prefs? You can SSH into the touch and use
> vi to edit the file. If you've never used vi before that may be a bit
> of a learning curve. There is another option. Erland has a testing
> version of an applet that is supposed to let you modify server prefs
> from the Touch's screen. I haven't used it yet so I don't have the
> details, but it probably will do this.

Just to avoid some confusion.

I suppose you are talking about my SqueezePlay Admin applet, in that
case:
1. It doesn't allow you to modify anything at the moment.
2. It allows you to read SqueezePlay properties via CLI from a
standalone SBS where the SqueezePlay Admin Client plugin is installed.
3. It doesn't read built-in server(TinySC) preferences at all but it
allows you to view files in the file system which means you can view
its prefs files through SBS web interface.
4. It doesn't allow you to view anything through the Touch's screen, as
it doesn't have any user interface on the Touch.

I had some plan to enhance it to also support write operations but
currently it only supports read operations.

The detailed thread can be found here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77494

The main plan was not to make it possible to modify server preferences,
the idea was just to make it possible to manage SqueezePlay settings
from SBS web interface when you have a standalone SBS installation on a
computer.

But I thought you were working on an applet to make it easy to change
some server attributes ?
Are you still working on this or have you discarded that idea ?

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))