JohnSwenson;553764 Wrote:
> I just had a strange thought. For those of you that have changed drives
> and the new drives work, would you be interested in parting with the
> drive that does not work so some tests can be run with it to see if
> there is anything on the Touch that could be changed to allow it to
> work better with those drives?
>
> I haven't been able to run any detailed tests because all the drives I
> have just work. I would be interested in trying to figure out what
> actually is going on. Its very difficult to try and improve software if
> nobody knows what is actually happening.
>
> The logitech developers MIGHT also be interested in getting their hands
> on a drive that has known problems with the Touch.
>
> It might just be that something is wrong with the drive and its
> hopeless, but it might be something that could be worked around with a
> firmware change, its very hard to tell at this point.
>
> John S.

Great idea John! I can't help either because every drive I have used
with the Touch works fine.

Another idea might be to start a thread for people with drive issues
and get as much info as we can on each case to see if its a certain
brand, model, or format that is causing the most trouble.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom