Not everybody agrees...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79914&page=6

iPhone;557715 Wrote:

> I'm doing testing also. I did the software mods and in 90 minutes of
> listening tests with well known tracks, so far haven't heard/noticed
> any difference whatsoever with my very revealing system. I also have 2
> Touch Units so its very easy for my better half to ABX the units
> without me knowing which is which. After the first 45 minutes, I reset
> the mod'd unit and did the mods to the control specimen and listened
> for about another 45 minutes. In reading his whole article, I don't
> remember it being backed up by anything but *-his-*
> speculation/impressions.

Right know, my new SB Touch is not connected to my PC - I still have
old 7.3.3 SC there for my old SB3.

I got Touch since (among other reasons) I wanted to be free from PC.

I'm using SD cards almost exclusively right now and I'm very satisfied
with sound quality from its SPDIF out going to my NOS TDA1541A DAC.

And now I read that we must abandon everything that makes new Touch, no
USB, no SD cards, no screen, no wireless, etc. :)

*With all this features disabled, would we be better off then with a
device as M2Tech Hi-Face USB to SPDIF converter?!* :D
Practically the same functionality, but much cheaper, only Foobar, no
SqueezeCenter (I had library scanning problems with versions newer that
7.3.3, etc.)...

.

--
Kuja