And yes..

Touch has a very good SPDIF out as it is.
I already wrote about this experience in some other thead:
Kuja;557432 Wrote:

> Together with some friends, we compared Touch and Audiolab 8000CDM
> dedicated CD transport.
> They were feeding an old Wadia Digimaster X-32 DAC.
> The Touch was much better in role of digital transport.
>
> Also, that Wadia is known to be very selective regarding quality of
> transport feeding it.
> If transport is not of the highest quality it completely refuses to
> lock to the signal:
>

> > http://www.stereophile.com/digitalprocessors/wadia_digimaster_x-32_digital_processor/
> >
> > There have, however, been some problems in the field because of this
> > circuit. Many people bought X-32s only to discover that they would not
> > lock to their CD players' digital outputs. According to Wadia, the
> > problem lies in CD players that do not meet the EIAJ specification for
> > clock frequency accuracy and clock jitter. To be classified as "Level
> > 1: High Accuracy," the source clock's jitter must be less than 20
> > nanoseconds (20ns or 0.00000002s), measured at the half-voltage points.
> > If the CD player or DAT machine's digital output doesn't meet this
> > criterion (with an additional tolerance of ±50%), the X-32 will reject
> > the signal.
> > > >

> So this alone, tells a lot about Touch's SPDIF output quality.
> Wadia locked to its signal without any problems and this was not the
> case with some other transports that it's owner had tried
> previously.

So Touch has a very low SPDIF jitter (lower than 20ns since Wadia locks
to its signal, see above specification) and we are going to make it even
lower by this software mods?

Of course I can it try by myself and see. :)

But I would hate to break my current SB3 configuration. Kill 7.3.3 SC
that is working well for me, install everything and then discover that
there are no changes...

Or... since I'm very pleased with my Touch as it is, I should just
continue enjoying it!

Ignorance can be a bliss! :D

.

--