Phil Leigh;556765 Wrote:

> I've installed the tweaks. Will do some listening after the football
> (soccer)

So Phil - what do you think? It's 4days. Are you still shocked? :D

I think krzys described the improvements quite well the other day.
Meanwhile there are quite some people who applied the tweaks.
Most of them report pretty consistently the same effects.

Thx again to John for his willingness to run the scripts at an earlier
stage.

All this of course is no rocket science. If you follow the endless
discussions at DIY-Audio and AA about PC optimizations, you'll see that
these kind of things are being discussed for about 4 years by now.
The Touch I consider the perfect base to apply certain of those
findings discussed over there.

What I can say is that there's is still some space left. On my own
Linux based audio transports, I can apply things like full file
RAM-buffering - no external streaming during playback, offline/remote
volume control, more kernel tweaks - you name it.

I still hope that Logitech starts thinking about a kind of Duet MK II
device, by using the Touch base ( didn't I mention that before? ;) ).
I'd predict less cost and hazzle and a higher margin for Logitech and
even more fun for the audiophile customers.
They should also team up with iPeng to provide a nice control for iPad
(That'll save even more cost for them!).

Enjoy.

Cheers

--
soundcheck