Kuja;557963 Wrote:
> You got EVERYTHING wrong! :D
>
> Do you read posts here CAREFULLY?
>
> I'm not promoting/selling anything here.
> I don't have any "competitors".
> And if you were reading carefully, you would realize that it was not a
> "DAC thing" that was mentioned as a "competition".
>

> I'm a long time satisfied SB3 and now Touch user.
> You can even check my older posts on this forum.
>

> You obviously didn't bother to read my post! :)
>
> I'm not criticizing the Touch in any way!
> I didn't point to any "negatives".
> None at all.
> I LIKE THE TOUCH JUST THE WAY THAT IT IS!
> MY ONLY POINT WAS THAT THOSE \"AUDIOPHILE\" MODS MAKE LITTLE SENSE.
>

> .

I think you are missing the point here.  Some owners are more concerned
with the sound quality of the Touch rather than some of the features and
are willing to do away with them for the possible increase in sound
quality.  Maybe you consider these owners audiophiles who are trying to
squeeze every little bit of sound quality out of the player.

Other owners, such as yourself perhaps, are interested in maintaining
the added options that differentiate the touch from the SB3 or Duet
such as the usb input, sd card, picture viewer, etc. etc. which is
fine.

There's no right or wrong here, just a matter of preference.  Some only
want it to be a music renderer to play music, and others want all the
extra features.

Remember that the Touch is capable of playing 24/96 files which
differentiates it from the previous SB products besides the
Transporter, but at a much lower cost than the Transporter.  That was a
major selling point for many owners who could probably care less if the
Touch came with a touch screen let alone any screen at all.  I for one
could care less about the screen and would trade my Touch in if they
came out with a new model sans screen.  I can't even see the screen
from my couch so I've turned it off in the settings (which I realize
isn't the same thing as disconnecting the screen).  All I care about is
how good it can sound and if there was another comparable product that
did a better job than the Touch for a similar price, I would have
purchased it instead.

--
johsti