Let's see: I have no intention of using the USB or SD features,as I run
music from a dedicated SBS server. I generally only use the digital out
of the Touch, as I've got an external DAC.

My Touch is close enough to my router that I have no problem connecting
wired, and I think wired gives better performance anyway.

I don't plan on disconnecting the screen. But if the software mods
improve the sound, why not?

For me the point of the Touch is to give me high quality native
decoding of hi-res from a music server, and give me the user interface
(including browser interface). That's what I need. YMMV.

The hiface is probably a great product. But to use it instead of the
Touch you need a DAC, and some kind of user interface so that you can
acutally play the music.

--
firedog

Tranquil PC fanless WHS server running SqueezeServer; SB Duet through
Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF X-150 amp, MF V DAC3, Devore Gibbon Super
8 Speakers; Mirage MS-12 sub; Dual 506 + Ortofon 20 (occasional use);
sometimes use PC with M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom in second
room. Arcam CD82 which I don't use anymore, even though it's a very
good player.