First off, what are you expecting the power button to do? All it does is
stop whatever is playing and invokes the "off" screensaver, which by
default is the clock. It does not put the hardware into a "sleep" state
that uses less power or any such thing.
Just stopping the current playing song will cause the Touch to use less
power.
Oh~ I see, there is no real sleep mode for "Touch"
There has been a bug on this for quite a while with quite a bit of
information. The latest info seems to be that under some circumstances
when running the local server the internal clock does not get set. When
the clock screensaver tries to start it notices that the clock is not
set and won't bring up the clock display.
*****************
Yes, I often use local server to play my music files.
Oh~ That's why my clock screeensaver didn't show in my screen, does
ver7.6 fix this problem?
*****************
If your reason for pushing the off button is to get into a low power
mode your best bet is to set the off screensaver to "screen off", this
will turn off the screen back light and stop anything playing. This
will be the lowest power state the Touch can be in.
********************
For saving energy, I will follow yout suggestion and set screensaver to
"Screen off" tonight.
********************
If the reason for pushing the off button is to see the clock, you have
to make sure the clock gets set. It gets unset when it reboots (powers
up). If you have an internet connection it will try and connect to
mysqueezebox.com from which it can set its clock. If you don't normally
have an internet connection but can temporarily connect it you can do so
and explicitly connect to mysqueezebox.com and the clock will get set.
*******************
It's not friendly... I unplug power at night and I want to listen next
morning, I have to set my clock again, there should be a built-in
batery to supply clock power...

Try setting the off screensaver to something other than a clock and see
if it will come up when the power button is pressed. If it still does
not come up there is something else going on and the developers will
really want to know about it.
Thank you, John

--
seaco