seaco;562686 Wrote:

> *******************
> It's not friendly... I unplug power at night and I want to listen next
> morning, I have to set my clock again, there should be a built-in
> batery to supply clock power...
> *******************

Unfortunately there is no battery and there is no way to add one. I can
easily see how that happened. All previous Squeezebox hardware had to
run connected to an external server, if the hardware needed time it
just got it from the server. There was never any need for a battery.
When the hardware for the Touch was speced it was as a replacement for
the SB3, which has to run off an external server. This being able to
run a server on the Touch itself was an after thought, not a primary
design goal, I'm sure the concept of needing a battery backed up clock
just never even came up.

Anyway its theoretically not a problem as long as your network has a
connection to the internet, then it can get time from mysqueezebox.com
at boot time. If you have a connection to the internet and its NOT
getting time then we need to find out why. If you don't have a
connection to the internet, then you better keep the Touch running all
the time if you want to be able to display a clock.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson