pablomontanero;568237 Wrote:
> I bought the SBT on amazon, tried 40gb, 250gb, and freecom 1TB and WD
> elements 1TB with FAT formatting and flac, mp3, aac and apple lossless
> files directly connected to the SBT. The drive can be connected, the
> server is starting, but no music files are detected. The drives all
> have external power supply and I tried also sound files without
> artwork. What is the problem? Do you have a solution? I will send the
> SBT back to amazon if I donĀ“t find out soon. This already cost me
> several evenings of experimenting.

how many files do you have? Do you let the scanner finish. If you have
lots of files, this could take 6 or 7 hours the first time.  try this:
unmount the USB drive. then unplug the touch. then remove the usb drive
from the touch. plug the touch back in and let it fully "boot". Then
plug in the usb drive. It should then tell you that it is scanning the
drive. the key is to let it finish.

if it scans and doesn't even find files, you may have more than one
partition on your disks. Confirm that your disks only have one
partition. I've read that if there is more than one partition, the
touch may not see past the first one (and if this has no music files,
then you have the problem you describe.

--
garym