pablomontanero;568804 Wrote:
> When I connect my harddrive to the SBT and start the server, I only
> receive the message "discovering files: complete" and no sound files
> can be detected, even if I leave it on for several hours and with very
> few files on the drive.
> I now tried a very old USB stick and there it shows all three scanning
> messages. What is the problem? My harddrive has an external power
> source and is a WD Essential 1TB which should work according to this
> forum.

not sure, but this sure sounds like your drive has either a second
partition or one of these pesky "virtual CD drives". And the TOUCH is
likely reading the virtual CD or the first partition and doesn't find
any music files there.

This is one reason why it would be great if the TOUCH would allow one
to point to a specific directory on the USB drive as the location of
the music files.

--
garym