lrossouw;571074 Wrote:
> When playing in sync the stream is transcoded to format that can be
> handled by the weakest player in the sync group.  Thus if you sync a
> Touch and a Classic all >48khz tracks will be transcoded to 48khz.

Thanks for the response Lewis! I have experimented with disabling sox
for FLAC when streaming WAV and so on. By adjusting the settings, I've
been able to get both players to play back at downsampled to 44.1 or
48kHz rates or with the Touch playing 88.2/96kHz alone (no-sync to the
Classic), but never with Touch playing 88.2/96kHz synced to the Classic
as is ideal.

lrossouw;571074 Wrote:
> In terms of your experience with the custom codes for browse artist,
> albums etc.  I was not aware of these for the SB3.  How did you get
> these?  I also have the Harmony 700 and also a touch and classics.  I
> am using my Harmony with the touch and have set it to jump to the
> browse menu when pressing "guide".  This should help?

Yes I have tried assigning the "Browse" of the SB Touch to one of the
colour coded red buttons on the Harmony 700. Still can't compare to the
Classic where I can jump directly to Albums or Artists and continue
browsing from where I last left off. With the Touch, it's two extra
buttons to press plus the extra lag of the Touch in executing those
commands/navigation.

Log into the Harmony Remote Software page and look under the Squeezebox
Classic and you should find the commands "BrowseAlbums", "BrowseArtists"
and one or two more. I use those buttons a lot with my Classic. I really
hope they add such a functionality for the Touch.

lrossouw;571074 Wrote:

> I think there is a plugin that allows one to control other players (not
> synced).  Can't remember if it extends further than turning them on and
> off and such things.  This may be useful to you.

Sound good! Can you recall where you saw this plugin?

--
Harmoniousdistortion