ralphpnj;571547 Wrote:
> What you are calling "motive" is really more like bias and perhaps in
> light of what Mr. Farrell wrote, a very benign, if somewhat
> unavoidable, bias. Again all I can hope for is that the reviewer
> manages to look past these biases when reviewing equipment from a
> lesser known manufacturer.Sure, I could have used the word bias but I was
> referring to a conscious
interest or preference as opposed to something subconscious or inchoate.
Just as portions of our readership differ in their interests, so do the
reviewers.  Obviously, the motives/interests/biases of any single
reviewer cannot be the same as those of every reader.

> But as Kal says perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised.I would hope so.  Of
> course, had we had this exchange before I wrote it,
the odds would be better. ;-)

--
Kal Rubinson