morthan;572417 Wrote:
> Thanks garym. I have looked into vortexbox and it looks good. One thing
> I am unsure about is whether it can also be used to store other media
> such as photos, videos and be used for backup? I am assumning that you
> cant use a Windows backup porgram on it? If it cant do back up can it
> still be used as a general media server rather than just a squeezebox
> one?

Yes, you can use a VortexBox as a general purpose network storage
device, you can mount it on a Windows computer and it will work just
like any other drive. Just make sure you don't do general backup to the
directory where the music is stored! I had this happen once and every
little bleep and boing in all the games wound up as songs to SBS!

John S.

--
JohnSwenson