nicolas75;572442 Wrote:
> Not sure about that.
> If I want to generate a high resolution file from a low one, and don't
> want people to know that, I will obviously not use standard audio
> software with standard tools well known by sound engineers.
>
> I will write my own software to mix may be some real high resolution
> music at low level, or whatever else ...
>
> Most sound engineers I ve met are obviously very good in their own
> field, with their professional tools and software.
>
> But they are not experts in signal theory or mathematical algorithms
> used in audio.
>
> Software algorithms are usually not public.
> I guess a higly experienced programmer with good signal theory
> knowledge, could cheat them.

Nope. Isn't going to happen. You just can't cheat that way. It's got
nothing to do with signal theory. It's soooo easy to detect what's
going on. You can't just take any old hi-rez "music" and mix it in with
a std-rez file.
It would take me 5 minutes to isolate EXACTLY what's going on and you
do NOT need to be a forensic audiologist.

I've spent 25 years+ in and out of studios. I know exactly how to tell
if what's "up there" is REAL upper-end harmonics or artificially
generated crap.
Sorry to disillusion you. The tools to do this are freely available to
anybody to try for themselves...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.