souwalker;575381 Wrote:
> When you say, local server, what do you mean?

A server in your home, on your local network.

> When the Touch detects a firmware upgrade, is the touch detecting from
> mysqueezebox.com or a local server? How do I know?

I don't think you can tell by what's shown on the Touch's screen, but
the notification will come from whichever server the Touch is connected
to.  If it's connected to your home server then that's where the
notification comes from and where the update will come from.

> I know that when I first installed Touch, I hade to log into my
> 'mysqueezebox' account so I am concluding it's not a local server?

No, the way it works is:

If the Touch is connected to a local server then that server will
download the full firmware image.  The server checks for an update when
it first starts up and then at 12 hour intervals.  It then downloads the
firmware completely to the local disk drive.  Then you see the
notification on your Touch.  When you accept the upgrade it will be
sent by the local server.

You can find the firmware update files in your cache folder, in the
/updates subfolder.  You should see a 'fab4.version' file and then a
file with a name such as 'fab4_7.5.1_r9009.bin'.  To force the
Squeezebox Server to download the r9009 firmware if it hasn't already
done so you can just restart it.

(BTW, if you're running Squeezebox Server 7.5.2 beta the r9009 firmware
for Radio and Touch hasn't been updated yet - it's still on r8837.  That
should be fixed soon.)

--
JJZolx