Should you not up sample CD to 88.2 (2*44.1) not 96 ? you will degrade
the signal a tiny bit if it's not a multiple of original sample rate ?

And Touch already put out 16 bit as 24 bit .

And if the external DAC has up sampling then your good to go no real
need to do it at the file level .

Supose SOX has a lot of dither and filter options that can be used ? to
tweak the result a bit ? the dithering options is said to sound
different ?

are the resulting foobar2000 files of the same level so not the 24b one
done by foobar is louder ? The foobar upsampÄler does it come with lot
of options that potentially could change the sound ?

You can not really get more info out of 16/44.1 by uppsampling.
My HT processors does this for me anyway to 88.2 (or 96 if source is
48khz) but I also apply room correction and other things on that
signal, then 24/88.2/96bit is much better to work with .

If I used the ingus plugin I would also consider upsampling everything
on the server so that eq or room corection could use these signals ?

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this