magiccarpetride;583942 Wrote:
> But much to our chagrin, Touch now reveals that it's a very poorly
> recorded, poorly produced piece of music. So all of a sudden, the magic
> is gone.
>
> On the up side, however, many of the tracks that I thought were ho-hum
> are now being revealed by the Touch to be actually quite brilliant! So
> you lose some, and then you gain some.
>
> Have any of you been through this re-discovery process, where you find
> out that what you thought was a great sounding recording actually
> sounds sub-standard when played through a more revealing system?

Just exactly how is this a problem with the Touch?! Shouldn't the post
title be more like, the Touch reveals problems with poor recordings?
The Touch is doing what it is supposed to do. It can't help if one
feeds it a poor/badly recorded or engineered recording. The Touch also
can't help it if it reveals lacking components in people's systems
either. It has been incorrectly blamed for that also.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio