joelha;592980 Wrote:
> Well, after finally getting the USB port to output data, I now have
> sound but that sound is filled with pops and clicks.
>
> I noticed that cocamegadose (post #27) has been using the HRT Streamer
> II+ using the USB port for outputting data with no issues and so I
> assumed that I could do the same.
>
> I'm also using a netbook with an external hard drive as my source, if
> that information helps at all.
>
> Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me figure this out.
>
> Joel
>
> P.S. I'm using a netbook and external hard drive as my source
> communicating with my Squeezebox via wifi. Could it be my wifi
> connection that's causing the issue?

Hi Joel,
lets make sure the problem isn't Wifi, try connecting temporarily with
a cable to the Touch. See if you have the same problems.

What sample rate are you using? Do you get the same results with
different sample rates? Can you describe the clicks and pops - how
often to they come, is it random or periodic, do they come in bursts
with times of good playing in between?

I'd like you to try with and without the plug interface. Could you post
what you have for the ALSA config and I can recommend a couple things to
try.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson