MEdeVries;583532 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one remaining question: The Touch only plays songs (at all)
> after rebooting. When I turn it off with the screen/remote and then
> turn it on again, it still refuses to play anything until reboot.
>
> Is that normal/part of the effects of this mod? Or is it avoidable?
>
> I have no issue leaving the Touch on all the time, but then I would
> also have to leave the DAC on all the time as well. I'm not sure
> whether it is designed for that (I'll check our distributor here).
>
> Michiel

If all you are doing is pressing the power button (NOT unplugging it)
and leaving the DAC turned on, it should play after "waking up". All
the "power button" does is stop anything thats playing and invokes a
special "power off" screensaver, it doesn't really power down anything.
(it uses less power because its not playing anything, but that it)

If you are turning off the DAC then you will have to reboot whenever
you turn the DAC back on. The best bet is just to leave the DAC on all
the time. My experience has been that all DACs sound better after they
have been on for awhile (some can take several hours to "warm up") so I
always just leave the DACs on all the time.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson