Phil Leigh;604965 Wrote:
> oooh - that is very interesting...
> We wouldn't generally think of using shielded ethernet cables to
> connect SB's or PC's to routers...hmmm

You simply won't get others over here, except for that occasional patch
cable that comes with your hardware.

I have to say that I've had my share of ground loops (mainly due to
antenna cable, back when you used antennas) but I've never ever had
them with network cable so I believe the connectors are really designed
for it.

I have never ever seen an installation cable, for example, that is
unshielded, usually people use STP here (with the pairs being
separately shielded) and if you then use a cat6 patch cable you should
definitely have a ground connection. So equipment really has to cope
with this.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com