Dave1972:
You posted here with two reasonable requests (in particular I think #2
would be useful and relatively easy to implement). But perhaps you were
unaware that this is a users' community forum, and not a direct line to
Logitech. The users here can't act on those requests any more than you
can -- so the best we can offer is workarounds. If you don't want to
use those then fine, but it's pointless to keep reiterating your
requests here, and uncivil to be rude to people who are trying to help.

If you want changes to the system, you should try official channels,
namely bugs.slimdevices.com (for both bug reporting and enhancement
requests) and forums.logitech.com (the official Logitech forum). Good
luck.

--
aubuti