Dave1972;614544 Wrote:
> OK Phil, I've never counted my tracks.  But there are lots.  And lots.
> And if I put them all on one drive, the Touch becomes slow and
> unstable.  And judging by many other reviews elsewhere, I am not alone
> in this.

As far as the sluggishness of the Touch goes when using the internal
server for a big collection of music, you should try installing the
7.5.4 version (http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.5) of
SBS (first by installing it on a PC, and then the Touch will
automatically update the next time it is connected to the PC).

In this version of SBS, an optimization has been made to the database
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=84931) which improves
greatly the use of the Touch internal server for a big collection of
music (I have myself more than 26000 tracks).

Don't forget to do a complete wipe & rescan of your tracks. This won't
solve your main problems, but at least you should find the Touch far
more stable and pleasant to use with the internal server.

--
rotho