JohnSwenson;615331 Wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> what model number is that switch? I know its not hooked up right now,
> but not being able to connect to the router's DHCP server through the
> switch is very unusual. Its much more likely if its actually a router.
>

> John S.

Hi John,
You may not recall but we have exchanged posts before just pre-launch
of the Touch  -  nice to 'talk again :-) .
I'm afraid I have another numptie confession to make :-(  -  contrary
to what I said previously I now find that the main Cat5e cable into the
switch was damaged  -  difficult to see but definitely there  -  and it
appeared that sometimes it made the right connections and sometimes it
didn't, and the rest was coincidence. Having cut out the damaged area
and wired it into a RJ45 wall socket the switch now appears to be
functioning OK  -  so far :-).
Whilst I 'have your ear' so to speak I would be grateful for any
response you may feel able to make to my post no. 46 on this thread: -

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=615442#post615442

I know you know your way around the Touch better than most so have you
any idea why my track and cover art is lost from the screen after
playing a few tracks?
Thanks for any help.
Dave.

--