Dave, re: mp3tag. Install the latest version (2.48b) from their website.

http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=57

After installing, use the attached zip file to "restore" settings. The
zip file contains the settings I use (with some custom columns, etc. so
I can see whether artwork exists, relative size of file, tag type,
etc.). So by restoring mp3tag settings with this file, you'll also have
all this (I think this will work, anyhow).

To "restore" settings to mp3tag using this zip file, follow these
instructions:

To restore the backup, you have to unzip the backup archive to
%APPDATA%\Mp3tag which usually expands to the following directories

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mp3tag

Windows Vista
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag

Windows 7
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag

|Filename: Mp3tagSettings.zip                                       |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11668|

garym