bitstopjoe;624485 Wrote:
> So it uses a "standard" TOS Link fiber cable then??
>
> Thank you for the info and link.
> I currently have an Elightened Audio Design T-7000 CD transport going
> into a Elightened Audio Design DSP 7000 DAC with a glass fiber cable.
> Since I will transfer all my CD's to FLAC format on a USB thumb, and
> some SD cards, I hope to phase out the CD Transport and use that same
> glass fiber cable from the Touch to the DAC. So I guess what I am
> asking is IF that cable does not work then I "assume" a standard TOS
> fiber will??

it will work with glass or plastic toslink. there are pros and cons
with both (not related to the touch, but just in general). Not your
question, but do keep in mind that unless you are talking about a
handful of files, you will likely be MUCH MUCH happier with SbS running
on a computer with your FLAC files accessible from there. The tinySbS in
the TOUCH does work, but it is not very powerful and not full function.
There are lots of good choices for a 24/7 headless computer as server
(vortexbox, which I use, or a fit2pci). And of course, the server can
be in the basement or a back closet. Doesn't need to be near your
stereo.

--
garym